Lake Oswego Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Serving Lake Oswego, and Throughout Oregon and Washington
People in Lake Oswego, and throughout Oregon and Washington go for walks every day, yet it only takes one careless motorist to injure pedestrians in a car accident. Know that you are not alone if you were injured in a pedestrian accident. This is an all-too-common occurrence, and there’s something you could do about it. Even if the driver fled, you could pursue compensation. Don’t go up against a large insurance company without the help of an experienced attorney who is actively arguing for your greatest advantage.
When a claim is filed, insurance firms may try to keep their payouts and responsibilities to a minimum. On the other hand, a Lake Oswego pedestrian accident lawyer at The Law Office of Randall J. Wolfe is dedicated to holding those insurance companies (as well as the person who caused your accident) responsible for causing injuries to you.
What is the Vulnerable User Law, and how does it work?
A pedestrian is defined as “any person afoot or in a wheelchair” in Oregon, which encompasses everyone from pedestrians, joggers, and highway workers to skateboarders and bikers. The Vulnerable Roadway User Law was just passed by the Oregon legislature. This law is designed to give persons who are walking, running, or riding bikes, as well as those who are using skateboards, roller skates, roller blades, or scooters on the roadways, more protection. Pedestrians in Oregon are allowed to cross the road at any time; but, municipal restrictions might make pedestrian rights ambiguous, like pedestrians must use a crosswalk if one is provided within 150 feet. A violation may result in legal traps or heavy fines if pedestrians are uninformed of their rights and the regulations that apply to them.
Pedestrian Accidents in Lake Oswego, and Throughout Oregon and Washington: What Causes Them?
Pedestrian accidents in Lake Oswego, and around Oregon and Washington can happen for a variety of reasons, and no two are ever the same. Some irresponsible activities are clear, while others are less so, and can only be discovered via an investigation conducted by your personal injury lawyer. Pedestrian accidents can occur for a variety of reasons, including:
- Careless Driving– Careless driving is considered as driving a vehicle in a way that puts other people or property in danger. When a driver is negligent and hits a pedestrian, the consequences can be fatal.
- Intoxicated Driving – Driving while inebriated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol is not only dangerous, but it is also unlawful. If a motorist appears to be intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or alcohol, pedestrians should exercise caution.
- Driving while distracted – Distracted driving can end in a disastrous pedestrian disaster if a driver’s attention is diverted from the road by using a cell phone, adjusting the radio settings, or even glancing at instructions.
- Speeding – Speed restrictions are displayed in some locations to ensure the safety of both motorists and pedestrians. Pedestrians are at risk when a vehicle exceeds the speed limit because they are less likely to be observed while a vehicle is traveling along the road.
- Failure to Stop for an Extended School Bus Arm – Sadly, children are among the most prevalent pedestrian accident casualties. This is because when a halted school bus stretches the stop sign to let a kid on or off the bus, some passenger car drivers fail to stop.
Contact our Lake Oswego Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Pedestrians who have been hit by a careless vehicle or bike can seek legal assistance from The Law Office of Randall J. Wolfe. We serve clients in Lake Oswego, and throughout Oregon and Washington. Whatever city you call home, you may be assured that trustworthy legal assistance is never far away.
Allow The Law Office of Randall J. Wolfe to handle your personal injury claim and seek compensation from the motorist who injured you while you were minding your own business. We recognize that you may be suffering significant financial losses as a result of a pedestrian accident, which is why we take great effort to understand your injuries so that we can determine the appropriate, maximum level of compensation on your account.